XUAN BI WAN / Plum Flower
XUAN BI WAN, Traditional Chinese Herbal Supplement
Plum Flower XUAN BI WAN, Drain Away Obstruction Pills *
Good health is dependent on free flow, whether it be blood flow, QI flow, food flow or the flow of any body fluid or vapor. All pain is related to obstruction of free flow, this includes such widely diverse pain as physical trauma, organ pain, digestive pain, headaches, postpartum pain, toothache, joint pain, chest pain, and back pain. A common impediment to flow is damp obstruction cause by Wind-Damp BI Syndrome. Wind-Damp BI Syndrome is usually diagnosed as osteoarthritis by modern day medical practitioners.
XUAN BI WAN aggressively expels dampness from the channels and collaterals by combining the mild to moderate diuretic herbs YI YI REN, HAN FANG JI, and MU TONG with CANG ZHU, and HUANG BAI, herbs that reduce dampness in the interior. HUAI NIU XI further unblocks the channels and Vitalizes Blood to relieve pain. BAN XIA, reduces damp accumulations.
Because the overall nature of XUAN BI WAN is not particularly warming, as in other Wind-Damp and Cold-Damp osteoarthritis formulas, the further addition of the cooling and detoxifying herbs LIAN QIAO, and ZHI ZI may make XUAN BI WAN useable for Hot BI conditions at certain stages.
When to Use XUAN BI WAN, and
When Not to Use XUAN BI WAN
XUAN BI WAN Uses and Indications for Use
- Dispels Wind-Damp
- Clears Heat
- Unblocks the Channels and Collaterals
- Promotes Urination
XUAN BI WAN Side-Effects, Safety, Cautions, and Contraindications
Contains tree nuts.
Contraindicated for Pregnancy. Pregnant or nursing women should consult their health care provider before taking any supplement.
Use with caution in Spleen deficient patients with a tendency to loose stools, diarrhea, poor appetite or chronic digestive weakness.
Formulas are intended for health care professionals or for those knowledgeable of Traditional Chinese Medicine. TCM is powerful and reliable, but it can be complex. Self-diagnosis and self-treatment aren't recommended for chronic, recurring, or serious illness. Best to Find a Local Practitioner or Start an E-mail Consultation now.
XUAN BI WAN Dosage
8 teapills, 3X a day, or as prescribed.
Best on an empty stomach
XUAN BI WAN Ingredients
- YI YI REN, Coix lacryma jobi seed
- HAN FANG JI, Stephania tetrandra root
- XING REN, Prunus armeniaca seed
- LIAN QIAO, Forsythia suspensa fruit
- HUAI NIU XI, Achyranthes bidentata root
- HUANG BAI, Phellodendron chinense bark
- CANG ZHU, Atractylodes lancea rhizome
- ZHI ZI, Gardenia jasminoides fruit
- JIANG BAN XIA, Pinellia ternata rhizome steamed with gingered
- MU TONG Akebia trifoliata stem
* These statements have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.